Saturday, January 7, 2012

Nanny Kate goes coastal

Good afternoon my lovelies. Well the Nanny Kate abode has finally returned home after just over a week away down the South Coast of New South Wales to a gorgeous little hideaway, Culburra Beach.
We are lucky enough to have family holiday house down at Culburra Beach just 3 houses away from the beach.
This old 50's fibro has been in my family for 25 years now, and I have spent many a summer and winter down there, enjoying the beach and surrounding areas such as Berry, Gerroa and Gerringong.
Since I was young, I have loved nothing more than fossicking for natures treasures such as shells, rocks and driftwood. I used to, (and still do) this hunting with my mum, we actually enjoyed a lovely fossick down at the Crookhaven River yesterday looking for suitable piece of driftwood for our newly renovated upstairs bathroom at the beach house. Photos of what I plan to do with my driftwood will follow when I have completed my little project :) And now my daughter joins Nanny and I on our hunt for shells, but she is usually after ones with a hole through which she can thread a piece of ribbon so she can make herself and her friends a necklace. Too cute!

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you some photos I took while on my little coastal break. Please be kind and excuse my lack of photographic skills, they were all taken on my iphone...just point and click. But I remember a little tip that the lovely Sarah from A Beach Cottage gave her readers on taking pics on your iphone....don't zoom in, as you tend to lose detail. Since that day forth, this has been the law for me when clicking away on my iphone. Thanks Sarah ;)

the view from my deck chair

Culburra Beach

Culburra Beach

our feety-feet...note the lily white skin, obviously the start of our holiday ;)

looking back at the dunes

my beach babe

yes...yet again....Culburra Beach

making sandcastle with my baby girl makes me smile

beach babe kicking back on her deck chair..such a hard life ;)

a bit of coastal decorating. The print you see if by the lovely Emma of Chitter & Chatter

coastal christmas tree created by my mum.
Branches courtesy of Culburra beach track, Vintage glass baubles from Culburra Vinnies

a coastal decoration courtesy of Emma's (of Chitter and Chatter) mum and dad...also coastal dwellers

What a find! Mum and I had a mother/daughter day our in Berry and we came across this gorgeous shop...I may have even purchased myself a pair of earrings ;)

the facade of Roots & Wings Design of Berry. This was another great find on our little dally into Berry. The building was originally the blacksmiths shop. Very appealing to the metalsmith in me.

another pic of Root & Wings Design

Bales of hay make me smile, as does "the green" of the south coast
Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment..comments make me smile.

x manda

7 comments:

  1. 'Looking back at the dunes' is a spectacular photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Not bad for a point and tap on the iphone.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous beach! I am a little jealous :) Just found this post through Sarah at a Beach Cottage, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annastacia. Yes, Culburra is a very beautiful beach, gorgeous both Summer and Winter. Thanks for stopping by, drop in another time, would love to hear from you again.
      x manda

      Delete
  3. I have read many article regarding to this topic and done lots of research for the same. but here i get something new.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nanny Cate, great shots from your iphone. Your article reveals that enjoyment and fun is important to improve the job commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checking out your blog after reading your ad on gumtree :)

    ReplyDelete